Wednesday 24 August 2016

Iceland's Ragnar Sigurdsson signs for Fulham

Iceland's Ragnar Sigurdsson signs for Fulham

Fulham have signed Icelandic international defender Ragnar Sigurdsson from Russian team Krasnodar for an undisclosed fee.

The 30-year-old, who scored Iceland's first goal in their 2-1 upset victory over England at Euro 2016, has signed a two-year deal, with an option for a further 12 months.
However, he is unlikely to receive international clearance in time to feature in Wednesday night's EFL Cup tie at home to Middlesbrough.
Sigurdsson began his career with Fylkir in Iceland, before moving on to IFK Goteborg, Copenhagen and then Krasnodar.
The centre-back was a key figure in Iceland's amazing run to the quarter finals at Euro 2016, and was named man of the match after they knocked England out at the round-of-16 stage.
Icelandic football great Eidur Gudjohnsen tweeted: "Congrats Fulham, you have just signed 'a beast' of a player. #icelandsbestplayerofEuro2016."
Sigurdsson himself told the Fulham website: "I am happy and relieved that the deal is done.
"I played a good tournament in the Euros and got some clubs asking about me but, in the end, it was Fulham that was the choice.
"I have seen Fulham on TV many times when they were in the Premier League. It's a good club, it's in London, and it has everything.
"I've met some nice people here already. The atmosphere seems relaxed and very professional, so I have good feelings.
"I've always wanted to play in England and I think this is the perfect place for me to start in this country."
In a further boost to Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic, Danish midfielder Lasse Vigen Christensen has signed a one-year contract extension.

No comments:

Post a Comment